Mursil Media is India’s first Content Provider specializing in Ethnographic media research, content syndication & consultancy of Muslim Community.
Today corporate clients as well as market research companies avail of our specialized insight to better understand the dynamics of this audience/consumer cross-section. The use of imagery in marketing campaigns for this community has been overly stereotypical. This has created a scenario that is detrimental for cultural as well as economic development of marketers and consumers alike. A paradigm shift is necessary for the changing socio-cultural politics of representation.
Results of a research that we conducted in 2005 on the availability & penetration of Mobile Content for the Religion & Spirituality genres showed that there is a negligible amount of Content available/offered on Muslim religion. On interviewing a cross-section of Mobile Service Providers (MSPs), we learnt that the reason why media owners, particularly Mobile networks, have avoided inclusion of Islamic content in their directories is the controversies and ‘Fatwas’ accused by a negligible segment of audience. A seemingly unknown ‘Moulana’ can utter a salvo which will force removal of content by MSPs. There was one such incident involving Reliance Infocomm, a leading MSP, where a controversy erupted when a UP based scholar termed the Ringtone as un-Islamic.
MURSIL MEDIA HAS BEEN THE FIRST-MOVER IN AGGREGATING & SYNDICATING MOBILE CONTENT FOR MUSLIM ETHNIC COMMUNITIES. OVER THE YEARS, WE HAVE BUILT A COMPREHENSIVE REPOSITORY OF CONTENT ON THIS GENRE.
This content repository has been created keeping in mind the:
- short-attention span of consumers,
- high penetration of Mobile Phones, &
- fast rate at which the content is both created as well as consumed
Features of our syndicated content:
- Adheres to the ‘Common Minimum’ code of legislation among all the known ‘schools of thought’. What is permissible to one group may be sacrilegious to others. Our content ensures that you steer clear of these issues and concentrate more on marketing and promotion.
- The credibility of content is further substantiated by the fact that we work with leading Islamic organizations of the country. In an unlikely event of any “Fatwa mongering”, we ensure that your brand is not affected in any way.
- Available in latest database and mark-up formats for easy integration with delivery platforms of MSPs.